Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 10 - Viva Las Vegas









Erin at the "O" show





Lake Mead at Hoover Dam







Cdog here again and enough of this nature stuff, granola and national parks. It’s time to get back to civilization and to my playground – Las Vegas. I woke everyone up early and was pacing by 7:30 AM to get a move on. Girls will be girls so wheels up were more like 10:00 AM. We had a 5 hour uneventful drive and very little merits discussion until we approached the Hoover Dam – 30 miles from Vegas. Suddenly, some dude in aviators with a badge pointed Debbi, our driver, over for an inspection. I hopped out to see what the problem was? He said he was Sgt. Jim Spade, homeland security, and wanted to inspect the inside of our thule. Well he was obviously one of Obama’s boys just by noticing his confidence. I went the conservative route and didn’t bring up the recent Boston incident. Debbi calmed the girls while I went into sales mode. I told the officer we were on a cross country expedition and he could look at whatever he wanted but to stay out of my golf bag. I turned the key and opened the thule and he gave one of those waves like Beyonce singing “Single Ladies’. In no time we were on our way and commenting how lame our government can be sometimes.

As we approached the strip the girls’ eyes began to bulge. Luxor, MGM, New York, New York and a right turn onto Las Vegas Blvd. It was time for one of those “talks” as they saw sketchy men handing out flyers. Then came Paris, Bellagio and finally Caesars Palace where we are taking up residence for the next three nights. Once in the room, Debbi surprised the girls with tickets to Cirque de Soleil’s “O” for tonight. Dresses came out of the bags, lipstick was applied and in no time we were off to Bellagio for the 7:30 PM show.

The show was unique as very few words were spoken and the stage kept transforming into a pool. Since I was sitting alone I kept checking my I phone and practicing craps for later on.
The girls really enjoyed it and even I cracked a smile as well. We walked back to our room at 10:00 PM as the temperature cooled down to 96 degrees from 109 which our car registered in the mid afternoon.

So much to do and so little time. Send me some good karma so I can pay for this trip.

Cdog

5 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,

    Just got caught up on your travels, we were away in Bermuda since 7/22 and I couldn't log on...but I must admit it's like leaving your favorite novel behind. I couldn't wait to return and see what and where you were. Great encounters...very risky mom, you're comfort zone has definitely expanded since college.ha ha! Really interesting sites. Keep blogging and I'll keep reading. Happy travels!

    Love, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to set up some water adventures here in the OC...but I get the distinct vibe that Chris would prefer intensive shopping therapy at our world renowned malls. Setting him up with a personal shopper right now.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, please make sure you post a pic of yourself after you pulled your dress out of the bag and applied your lipstick. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good karma. Don't forget to play that quarter in the slots for me!!! I'm feeling lucky!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am addicted to your blog, and keep checking where "we" are! So...it's been a few days...where are "we"? Did you win big, abandon the car and computer, and fly to Hawaii??

    xxoo
    Yum

    ReplyDelete