Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 1: Pirates vs. Giants 2-1

Us with Manny Sanguilen
A family photo outside PNC Park


Yesterday officially started our Cross Country Trip!!!! :) As you may or may not have know, my mom ( the organized person that she is,) has mapped every step of our trip on AAA.com. My dad, the free going, plan-it-as-we-go person decided with in 4 miles of our house that he should change the way that we were going to go to Pittsburgh. He decided to take a more 'scenic' route. His more scenic route cost us another hour. :( Whatever. ( We saw 5 mountain tunnels. I never want to see another one again.) The car ride was somewhat good. It was 8 hours, (Supposed to be 7) and was full of excitement. With in the first hour, nobody knew what to do. We had already done like 8 different things. We decided to do friendship bracelets. That took up one more hour. The Burke Family, gave us 11 cards, each card had a typical question that every child asks in the car during a long trip, written on it. Some of the questions were, Are We There Yet? My Sister's Annoying Me. Why Can't I use the DVD Player. I have To go To the Bathroom. I'm thirsty. Do You want to Play Eye- Spy? It was a great idea. Our family decided that between me, and my sisters, we could only use each question once a day. Not to far into the trip Erin used the, Why Can't I use the DVD Player? With in 2 hours, I used the... My sisters are annoying me. They kept asking me to cut string. Someone, ( I don't know who,) used the I have to go to the Bathroom a few times.

When we got here, we dropped our stuff off at our room, and headed over to our baseball game. Every where you looked, there was a bridge. Actually, there are 720 bridges in Pittsburgh!!!The great part, is that the stadium is right next to our hotel. Literally. We got our tickets and got Pirates Towels. (It was free towel night, perfect for California.) With in 30 of walking around the stadium, it started to DOWN POUR. And i mean DOWN POUR. It was hard!!! The game was supposed to start at 7:10 but started at 8:00. While it was raining, we went to Manny's BBQ and got some good pulled Pork Sliders. We also met Manny Sanguilen, the best catcher ever to play for the Pirates. He signed our tickets, and even invited us behind the table, (Where he was sitting,) and had us take a picture. That doesn't happen very often. It was so cool. We went back to our seats, (towels were perfect, because the seats were very wet.) and all the men in the funny Yellow Rain Boots, ran out on the field to remove the tarp. It was very fun. By the 2nd inning, Erin, couldn't resist her favorite food, Cotton Candy. :):) At the 5 inning I got my soft serve ice-cream. It was so creamy, and came in a Pittsburgh Pirates Hat Cup. Lea, got a cotton candy too. It was such a good game. Jones, had a home run for the Pirates, ( In the second inning i think.) and some one on the Giants scored later. We left around 10ish ( It was the beginning of the 9 inning,) and went to our hotel. We watched the rest of the game on the T.V. (The game lasted 14 innings. Jones, again, scored a home run, but this time it went out of the park, into the river.) It was such a great day. I can't wait to see every one on the West coast, but I already miss everyone on the East. Check in later, for more Posts,
Thanks,

Torey

No comments:

Post a Comment