Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 34 - A Perfect Summer Day/ Canada here we come!







Ludington, Michigan is the perfect beach town,. with ice cream shops on every corner and a bunch of different boutiques. The day didn’t start out that well.It was full of yelling (mostly because of the blog - it’s starting to control our lives.) but we got through it.
On a brighter note, it was time for the beach!!!! We only had to drive about 5 miles to the perfect beach.. You were surrounded by sand dunes… it was beautiful. As we were walking to the beach, we ran down the sand dunes and slid, and it didn’t even hurt. The beach was a sight to see… seagulls were resting on the shore, there was NO seaweed, and nobody around you. We played football in the water and swam around. We played on the sand, and had tons of fun. When I lied on the sand and closed your eyes, I could have sworn I was in OBX. I loved it.
After hanging out at the beach, we went to the HOUSE OF FLAVORS!!!! It is the BEST ice cream shop ever!!! (Thanks for the recommendation Monica) There were 36 different flavors!! Mom and I had Tennesse Toffee which had toffee, heath bars, and whiskey in it, ( Don’t worry, we didn’t get drunk), Lea and Erin had Bubble Gum which had bubble gum pieces in it, and Dad had Mint Chocolate Chip. They were delicious. We walked around and then we were off.
The drive to Canada was a 6 hour drive. The beginning of the trip we played with rocks. (What can I say - we got bored with Barbies). We had Subway for lunch and watched a movie. The most eventful part of the trip was crossing into Canada. We went over the ‘Bridge to Canada’ and then we were asked a bunch of questions. They didn’t even stamp our passports!!!! Fact of the day: In Canada, your passport is only stamped when you fly into the country. The stamp implies a 6 month visitation visa. I was bummed! We drove about another hour to get to London, Ontario. We had A LOT of problems getting to the hotel ( I think we turned around about 4 times). We finally arrived and had a good night sleep.

We are almost home!!!!!
Torey

1 comment:

  1. So, I'm sitting here in the lounge at SFO, waiting for a couple of hours to pick up our plane to Frankfurt (yes, Germany). While Norm gets our bags and gets them checked in to United, I pull out my computer to pass some time. One of my first sites? The Walsh WonderTour...Oh...I see you have added THREE, count them, THREE blogs in one fell swoop.

    As I slowly scroll down, enjoying the pictures, I actually LAUGH OUT LOUD, YES LOL, at the one in front of House of Flavors!!! Thanks so much. I feel like I actually DID hitch a ride on your Thule. You guys are coooooooool. Hands down an official "FunFam" :-)

    So, now you know you will have at least 2 viewers from Europe. I will include you in my not-daily emails on our trip, which culminates with our first cruise ever - up the Danube from Budapest to Nuremburg..

    lovelovelove you all!
    xoxoMonicaxoxo

    ReplyDelete